Another Grade Five Score Reading Question
The following extract is from a cello sonata by Camille Saint-Saens.
Look at the score and answer the questions below.
- The piece is in C minor. Name another key which uses the same key signature. (Answer).
- Name a standard orchestral instrument which could play bars 1-6 so that the music is at the same pitch. (Answer.)
- Give the technical name of the note in the cello bar in bar 3. (Answer).
- In bar 5, the notes played by the cello form part of which minor scale? (Answer).
- Name the melodic intervals marked with a bracket as A and B. (Answers).